Office of the Mayor
Mayor Mike Zita
- Resident of Norton since 1972
- Graduate of St. Thomas Hospital Paramedic School
- 1980 Graduate of Norton High School
- Married to Kim since 1983
- Two children
- 1979 to Current
F. W Albrecht Grocery Company
- 2004 to 2011
City of Norton Council-at-Large
- President three times, Vice-President three times
- 1980 to 1991
City of Norton Firefighter / Paramedic
Part of the team that initiated Paramedic service in the City of Norton
- Community Improvement Corporation Member
- Johnson United Methodist Church
- Norton City Schools Superintendent Advisory Committee
- Norton Health Advisory Board
- Southern Summit County Citizen Police Academy
- Summit County C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Summit County Medical Reserve Corps Volunteer
Charter of the City of Norton, Section 2.06 Executive & Administrative Powers
The Mayor shall:
(a) Be the chief executive officer of the Municipality. The Mayor shall supervise the administration of all the affairs of the Municipality and the conduct and administration of all departments and divisions thereof, except the Council, and as otherwise provided in this Charter.
(b) Be the chief conservator of the peace within the Municipality and shall see that all laws, resolutions and ordinances are enforced therein, except as otherwise provided in this Charter.
(c) Unless otherwise provided by ordinance, execute on behalf of the Municipality all authorized contracts, conveyances, evidences of indebtedness, and all other instruments to which the Municipality is a party, and shall, where required, attach thereto the official seal of the Mayor's office, which shall be the seal of the Municipality.
(d) Keep the Council advised of the condition and needs of the Municipality and shall recommend to the Council such measures as he or she may deem necessary or expedient for the welfare of the Municipality.
(e) Subject to the Civil Service provisions of this Charter, and except where this Charter provides that others shall perform such function, appoint and remove all directors of departments and all subordinate officers and employees in the departments.
(f) Be the official and ceremonial head of the Municipality.
(g) Perform such other duties as may be prescribed by this Charter or required by Council. (Amended November 8, 1994)