Welcome to the Portal
The City of Norton is committed to honest budgeting, responsible spending, and financial transparency. In this spirit, the city has collaborated with OpenGov to provide its citizens and stakeholders with the Financial Transparency Portal. The portal is designed to bring visibility, openness, and accountability to our operations.
There is nothing quite like being able to examine financial data by yourself by viewing charts and graphs or downloading the information into an excel spreadsheet. That is why the City of Norton has engaged with OpenGov to assist with providing the public an interactive way to learn more about the City’s finances. This resource is a part of the City’s ongoing effort to enhance transparency and public engagement in city government.
The Finance Department is responsible for:
- 2016 Bond Rating by Fitch: AA
- Collection of all revenue for the City of Norton including the city's income tax
- Issuance of all debt
- Maintaining the city's fixed asset records
- Managing and investing all city funds
- Preparing and publishing the city's Annual Financial Report
- Processing all city expenditures, this includes reviewing and processing all purchase orders, auditing all invoices received for payment and issuing payments for the city in compliance with local ordinances, state law, and city contracts
- Processing the city's payroll and the maintenance of all payroll records
- Reconciling and monitoring all banking activity and financial reports
- Preparing the Five-Year Capital Plan
Director & Staff
Pamela Keener is the Director of Finance for the City of Norton. The Finance Department is staffed with one full-time and one part-time employee responsible for fulfilling the many functions of the Finance Director's Department.
Property Tax Information
For property tax information, contact the Summit County Fiscal Office, Treasurer Division at 330-643-2588 or visit the Summit County Fiscal Office website
Income Tax Information
A Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is a formal financial statement, or annual report, for the City. Questions, comments or suggestions on the CAFR can be sent to Pamela Keener.
Government Finance Officers Association
2014 & 2015 Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting.